Storytelling Workshop: "Storytelling for Literacy"
STORYTELLING FOR LITERACY
- Learn practical techniques for using storytelling to improve literacy and reading skills
- Foster oral language development
- Integrate cognitive thinking skills
- Promote cultural diversity and understanding
- Build character through traditional values
- Help improve crucial comprehension skills
In this half-day workshop, Steven works with participants to show how to use story both to prepare learners for literacy and to improve thinking skills and performance in the all-important area of reading comprehension. Steven also shows specifically how to use story to help learners succeed in such critical reading areas as understanding character development, plot structure, setting, genre, main idea, and much more.
Recommended for teachers, parents, family members, librarians, tutors, and others who wish to improve their practice in fostering literacy among both children and adults.
(Two hours with 1 fifteen minute break—adjustable to fit your schedule.)